Questions 1 – 10
Complete the table below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
The Food …Studio…
how to 1and cook with seasonal products
● small classes
● also offers 2 classes
● clients who return get a 3 discount
Bond’s Cookery School
food that is 4
● includes recipes to strengthen your 5
● they have a free 6 Every Thursday
The 7 Centre
mainly 8 food
● located near the 9
● a special course in skills with a 10 is sometimes available
Questions 11 – 13
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Traffic Changes in Granford
11 Why are changes needed to traffic systems in Granford?
Label the map below.
Write the correct letter, A-I, next to Questions 14-20
Proposed traffic changes in Granford
14 New traffic lights:
15 Pedestrian crossing:
16 Parking allowed:
17 New ‘No Parking’ sign:
18 New disabled parking spaces:
19 Widened pavement:
20 Lorry loading/unloading restrictions:
Questions 21 – 25
21 Why is Jack interested in investigating seed germination?
Complete the flow-chart below.
Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-H, next to Questions 26-30
Stage in the experiment
Select seeds of different 26 and sizes.
Measure and record the 27 and size of each one.
Decide on the 28 to be used.
Use a different 29for each seed and label it.
After about 3 weeks, record the plant’s 30 .
Investigate the findings.
Questions 31 – 40
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
Effects of urban environments on animals
Recent urban developments represent massive environmental changes. It was previously thought that only a few animals were suitable for city life, e.g.
● the 31– because of its general adaptability
● the pigeon – because walls of city buildings are similar to 32
In fact, many urban animals are adapting with unusual 33
● Emilie Snell-Rood studied small urbanised mammal specimens from museums in Minnesota.
– She found the size of their 34 had increased.
– She suggests this may be due to the need to locate new sources of 35 and to deal with new dangers.
● Catarina Miranda focused on the 36 of urban and rural blackbirds.
– She found urban birds were often braver, but were afraid of situations that were 37
● Jonathan Atwell studies how animals respond to urban environments.
– He found that some animals respond to 38 by producing lower levels of hormones.
● Sarah Partan’s team found urban squirrels use their 39 to help them communicate.
Species of animals may develop which are unique to cities. However, some changes may not be 40 .
Time is Up!
3 20 / twenty percent
36 behaviour(s) / behavior(s)
i got 39, very good thanks
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling the ads blocker.