Questions 1 – 10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Moving to Banford City
Linda recommends living in suburb of: …..Dalton…..
● Average rent: 1 £ a month
● Linda travels to work by 2
● Limited 3 in city centre
● Trains to London every 4 Minutes
● Poor train service at 5
Advantages of living in Banford
● New 6 opened recently
● 7has excellent reputation
● Good 8 on Bridge Street
● Meet Linda on 9 after 5.30 pm
● In the 10 opposite the station
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
For which TWO reasons does the speaker say people give up going to the gym?
Which TWO pieces of advice does the speaker give for setting goals?
Questions 21 – 24
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Project on using natural dyes to colour fabrics
21 What first inspired Jim to choose this project?
What problem is identified with each of the following natural dyes?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-H, next to Questions 25-30
A It is expensive.
B The colour is too strong.
C The colour is not long-lasting.
D It is very poisonous.
E It can damage the fabric.
F The colour may be unexpected.
G It is unsuitable for some fabrics.
H It is not generally available
25 turmeric __
Questions 31 – 40
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
The sleepy lizard (tiliqua rugosa)
● They are common in Western and South Australia
● They are brown, but recognisable by their blue 31
● They are relatively large
● Their diet consists mainly of 32
● Their main predators are large birds and 33
● One study found that lizards can use the 34 to help them navigate
Observations in the wild
● Observations show that these lizards keep the same 35 for several years
What people want
● Possible reasons:
– to improve the survival of their young
(but little 36 has been noted between parents and children)
– to provide 37 for female lizards
– A study was carried out using GPS systems attached to the 38 of the lizards
– This provided information on the lizards’ location and even the number of 39 taken
– It appeared that the lizards were trying to avoid one another
– This may be in order to reduce chances of 40
Time is Up!
2 bike / bicycle
4 30 / thirty
17&18 B, C
19&20 B, D
40 injury / injuries
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling the ads blocker.