Questions 1 – 10
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Alex complete his training in …..2014……
About the applicant:
● At first, Alex did his training in the 1department.
● Alex didn’t have a qualification from school in 2 .
● Alex thinks he should have done the diploma in 3 skills.
● Age of other trainees: the youngest was 4 .
Benefits of doing training at JPNW:
● Lots of opportunities because of the size of the organisation.
● Trainees receive the same amount of 5 as permanent staff.
● The training experience increases people’s confidence a lot.
● Trainees go to 6 one day per month.
● The company is in a convenient 7 .
Advice for interview:
● Don’t wear 8.
● Don’t be 9 .
● Make sure you 10 .
Questions 11 – 16
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
The Snow Centre
11 Annie recommends that when cross-country skiing, the visitors should
What information does Annie give about skiing on each of the following mountain trails?
Choose FOUR answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-F, next to Questions 17-20
A It has a good place to stop and rest.
B It is suitable for all abilities.
C It involves crossing a river.
D It demands a lot of skill.
E It may be closed in bad weather.
F It has some very narrow sections.
17 Highland Trail __
Questions 21 – 26
Labels giving nutritional information on food packaging
21 What was Jack’s attitude to nutritional food labels before this project?
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO things surprised the students about the traffic-light system for nutritional labels?
Which TWO things are true about the participants in the study on the traffic-light system?
Questions 31 – 40
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
The history of coffee
Coffee in the Arab world
● These was small-scale trade in wild coffee from Ethiopia.
● 1522: Coffee was approved in the Ottoman court as a type of medicine.
● 1623: In Constantinople, the ruler ordered the 31 of every coffee house.
Coffee arrives in Europe (17th century)
● Coffee shops were compared to 32.
● They played an important part in social and 33 changes.
Coffee and European colonization
● European powers established coffee plantations in their colonies.
● Types of coffee were often named according to the 34 they came from.
● In Brazil and the Caribbean, most cultivation depended on 35 .
● In Java, coffee was used as a form of 36 .
● Coffee became almost as important as 37 .
● The move towards the consumption of 38 in Britain did not also take place in the USA.
Coffee in the 19th century
● Prices dropped because of improvements in 39.
● Industrial workers found coffee helped them to work at 40 .
Time is Up!
2 Maths / Math / Mathematics
4 17 / seventeen
5 holiday(s) / vacation (s)
27&28 B, C
29&30 D, E
32 universities / university
34 port (s)
35 slaves / slavery
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling the ads blocker.