Complete the form below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
CRIME REPORT FORM
Type of crime: theft
Name: Louise _Taylor_
Date of birth: 14 December 1977
Occupation: interior designer
Reason for visit: business (to buy antique 2. )
Length of stay: two months
Current address: 3. Apartments (No 15)
Details of theft
Items stolen: – a wallet containing approximately 4. £
– a 5.
Date of theft: 6.
Possible time and place of theft
Location: outside the 7. at about 4 pm
Details of suspect: – some boys asked for the 8. then ran off
– one had a T-shirt with a picture of a tiger
– he was about 12, slim build with 9. hair
The crime reference number allocated : 10.
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO pieces of advice for the first week of an apprenticeship does the manager give?
Which TWO things does the manager say mentors can help with?
What does the manager say about each of the following aspects of the company policy for apprentices?
Write the correct letter, A, B or C, next to Questions 15-20.
A It is encouraged.
B There are some restrictions.
C It is against the rules.
Company policy for apprentices
15. Using the internet
16. Flexible working
17. Booking holidays
18. Working overtime
19. Wearing trainers
20. Bringing food to work
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
Cities built by the sea
21. Carla and Rob were surprised to learn that coastal cities
22. According to Rob, building coastal cities near to rivers
23. What mistake was made when building water drainage channels in Miami in the 1950s?
24. What do Rob and Carla think that the authorities in Miami should do immediately?
25. What do they agree should be the priority for international action?
What decision do the students make about each of the following parts of their presentation?
Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to
A use visuals
B keep it short
C involve other students
D check the information is accurate
E provide a handout
F focus on one example
G do online research
Parts of the presentation
26. Historical background
27. Geographical factors
28. Past mistakes
29. Future risks
30. International implications
Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
Marine renewable energy (ocean energy)
More energy required because of growth in population and 31.
– renewable energy sources
– methods that won’t create pollution
– Advantage: waves provide a 32. source of renewable energy
Electricity can be generated using offshore or onshore systems
Onshore systems may use a reservoir
– waves can move in any 33.
– movement of sand, etc. on the 34. of the ocean may be affected
Tides are more 35. than waves
Planned tidal lagoon in Wales:
– will be created in a 36. at Swansea
– breakwater (dam) containing 16 turbines
– rising tide forces water through turbines, generating electricity
– stored water is released through 37. , driving the turbines in the reverse direction
– not dependent on weather
– no 38. is required to make it work
– likely to create a number of 39.
– may ham fish and birds, e.g. by affecting 40. and building up silt
Time is Up!
4. 250 (sterling)
6. 10(th) September
11&12. A, C
13&14. B, E
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling the ads blocker.