Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Flanders Conference Hotel
Customer Services Manager: _Angela_
– weekend beginning February 4th
– the 1. room for talks(projector and 2. available)
– area for coffee and an 3.
– free 4. throughout
– a standard buffet lunch costs 5. $ per head
– Rooms will cost 6. $ including breakfast.
– The hotel also has a spa and rooftop 7.
– There’s a free shuttle service to the 8.
– Wilby Street (quite near the 9. )
– near to restaurants and many 10.
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO activities that volunteers do are mentioned?
Which TWO ways that volunteers can benefit from volunteering are mentioned?
What has each of the following volunteers helped someone to do?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to Questions 15-20
What volunteers have helped people to do
A overcome physical difficulties
B rediscover skills not used for a long time
C improve their communication skills
D solve problems independently
E escape isolation
F remember past times
G start a new hobby
Background on school marching band
It consists of around 21. students.
It is due to play in a 22. band competition.
It has been invited to play in the town’s 23.
They have listened to a talk by a 24.
Joe will discuss a 25. with the band.
Joe hopes the band will attend a 26. next month.
What problem does Joe mention in connection with each of the following band members?
Choose FOUR answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-F, next to Questions 27-30.
A makes a lot of mistakes in rehearsals
B keeps making unhelpful suggestions
C has difficulty with rhythm
D misses too many rehearsal
E has a health problem
F doesn’t mix with other students
Concerts in university arts festival
– Australian composer: Liza Lim
– studied piano and 31. before turning to composition
– performers and festivals around the world have given her a lot of commissions
– compositions show a great deal of 32. and are drawn from various cultural sources
– her music is very expressive and also 33.
– festival will include her 34. called The Oresteia
– Lim described the sounds in The Oresteia as 35.
– British composers: Ralph Vaughan Williams, Frederick Delius
– British composers: Benjamin Britten, Judith Weir
– Australian composer: Ross Edwards
– festival will include The Tower of Remoteness, inspired by nature
– The Tower of Remoteness is performed by piano and 36.
– compositions include music for children
– celebrates Australia’s cultural 37.
– Australian composer: Carl Vine
– played cornet then piano
– studied 38. before studying music
– worked in Sydney as a pianist and composer
– became well known as composer of music for 39.
– festival will include his music for the 1996 40.
– British composers: Edward Elgar, Thomas Adès
Time is Up!
11&12. A, E
12&14. B, E
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling the ads blocker.