Complete the notes below.
Write ONE WORD AND/OR A NUMBER for each answer.
Enquiry about booking hotel room for event
Andrew is the _Events_ Manager
– number of people who can sit down to eat: 1.
has a gallery suitable for musicians
– can go out and see the 2. in pots on the terrace
– terrace has a view of a group of 3.
– Carlton Room
number of people who can sit down to eat: 110
– has a 4.
View of the lake
Master of Ceremonies:
– can give a 5. while people are eating
– will provide 6. if there are any problems
– in the hotel rooms or 7.
What is said about using each of the following hotel facilities?
Choose THREE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A, B or C, next to Questions 8-10.
A included in cost of hiring room
B available at extra charge
C not available
8. outdoor swimming pool
10. tennis courts
What information does the speaker give about each of the following excursions?
Choose SIX answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-H, next to Questions 11-16
A all downhill
B suitable for beginners
C only in good weather
D food included
E no charge
F swimming possible
G fully booked today
H transport not include
11. dolphin watching
12. forest walk
13. cycle trip
14. local craft tour
15. observatory trip
16. horse riding
Choose TWO letters, A-E.
Which TWO things does the speaker say about the attraction called Musical Favourites?
Which TWO things does the speaker say about the Castle Feast?
Choose the correct letter, A, B or C.
21. What does Trevor find interesting about the purpose of children’s literature?
22. Trevor says the module about the purpose of children’s literature made him
23. Stephanie is interested in the Pictures module because
24. Trevor and Stephanie agree that comics
25. With regard to books aimed at only boys or only girls, Trevor was surprised
What comment is made about each of these stories?
Choose FIVE answers from the box and write the correct letter, A-G, next to Questions 26-30
A translated into many other languages
B hard to read
C inspired a work in a different area of art
D more popular than the author’s other works
E original title refers to another book
F started a new genre
G unlikely topic
26 Perrault’s fairy tales
27 The Swiss Family Robinson
28 The Nutcracker and the Mouse King
29 The Lord of the Rings
30 War Horse
Write ONE WORD ONLY for each answer.
The hunt for sunken settlements and ancient shipwrecks
was a village on coast of eastern Mediterranean
thrived until about 7,000 BC
stones homes had a courtyard
– had a semicircle of large stones round a 31.
cause of destruction unknown – now under the sea
biggest settlement from the prehistoric period found on the seabed
– research carried out into structures, 32. and human remains
TRADITIOINAL AUTONOMOUS UNDERWATER VEHICLES (AUVs)
– used in the oil industry, e.g. to make 33.
– problems: they were expensive and 34.
much easier to use, relatively cheap, sophisticated
Marzamemi, Sicily: found ancient Roman ships carrying architectural elements made of 35.
– 36. is used for short distance communication, acoustic waves for long distance plans for communication with researchers by satellite
– AUV can send data to another AUV that has better 37. , for example
Planned research in Gulf of Baratti:
to find out more about wrecks of ancient Roman ships, including
– one carrying 38. supplies; tables may have been used for cleaning
– the 39.
– others carrying containers of olive oil or 40.
Time is Up!
17&18. B, D
19&20. A, D
just like real exam , very helpful to know my score!
We have detected that you are using extensions to block ads. Please support us by disabling the ads blocker.